The 11th Hour
This workout plan is designed to be done in an adequate space with adequate equipment. Whether that be a garage with space or your gyms local aerobic room when it’s not being used, this is NOT something that can be done at home but IS something you can use to educate yourself while getting a REALLY good workout (or, just get a really good workout if you’re familiar with these exercises).
The 11th hour consists of 11 exercises put into an order that will completely work the entirety of your body while testing aerobic endurance, strength, conditioning, and the ability to keep going when you’ve convinced yourself you can’t. This format is essentially my Tough Mudder circuit class format, only this workout design doesn’t change week to week the way my class does.
You will do each exercise for 30 total seconds (no less) back-to-back-to-back until you’ve completed 5 rounds. The word “break” is not in this workouts vocabulary. You go STRAIGHT THROUGH 6 TIMES. Just wanted to make that very clear!
Listed below are the exercises in the order that you are going to do them, with the tools needed in parenthesis. Be sure to set all the stations up before beginning the circuit. If you have the tools to do MOST of the exercises, but not all, then do the closest equivalent. Don’t have equalizers to do push-ups? Do regular push-ups. Don’t have 2 BOSU’s to do squats on? Use air discs, balance boards, half foam rollers, or just the floor if in a crunch!
You can start ANYWHERE in the circuit you wish, as long as you complete the rounds entirely. You can click on the title of each exercise to get a video link on what the exercise is so you’re not left in the dark.
- Standing BOSU Shoulder Press (BOSU & 5lb, 8lb, or 10lb dumbbells)
- Equalizer Chin-Ups (2 Lebert Equalizers)
- Burpees (Floor Space)
- BOSU Mountain Climbers (BOSU)
- Wall-Sit with Bicep Curl (Wall Space & Dumbbells ranging from 5-20 lbs)
- Alternating Reverse Lunges w/ Barbell (Barbell weight of your choice… 8 lbs and beyond!)
- Double BOSU Squat w/ Medicine Ball Extension (2 BOSUs and a medicine ball weight of your choice)
- Hands Up Bicycles (Mat & 2-8 lb dumbbells if you want an added challenge)
- Exercise Ball Russian Twists w/ Dumbbell (Exercise ball & 5-10 lb dumbbell)
- Dynamic Crunch w/ Medicine Ball (Mat & Medicine Ball of your choice)
- Lebert Equalizer Push-ups [Only follow first half of the video!] (2 Lebert Equalizers)
So a reminder… 30 seconds per exercise, 6 rounds straight through, no breaks!
Be safe and have fun!